Provide preventative education, resources, and offer structured support for critical incident situations in agricultural mental health and well-being, community trauma, and natural disasters.
We envision a community network of resources to aid in the well-being of our neighbors.
Spink Area Support Network is a skilled team of response-ready community volunteers that can facilitate services in an effort to prevent a critical incident and offer structured support during the aftermath. The network will respond within our rural agricultural communities to critical incidents including suicide, sudden traumatic death or threat thereof, natural disasters, extreme financial distress, and other situations as determined by the network.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
Agricultural Mental Health & Well-being
- Identify rural agricultural stakeholders who have front line access to South Dakota farmers and ranchers.
- Develop and distribute prevention education tools to stakeholders in rural communities.
- Provide critical incident management tools to rural communities.
- Follow up with communities and individuals affected by agricultural mental health and wellbeing to continue to provide resources.
- Identify stakeholders who can provide resources and tools in the event of a natural disaster.
- Train stakeholders and first responders' in preparation of a potential natural disaster.
- Provide resources and respond to natural disasters.
- Follow up with communities and individuals affected by natural disasters to continue to provide resources.
- Identify potential community traumatic events.
- Identify stakeholders and skilled team members of response-ready volunteers.
- Train stakeholders and skilled teams of response-ready volunteers for potential community traumatic events.
- Respond to community traumatic events such as suicide, sudden trauma death or threat thereof, extreme financial distress, and other events determined by the network.
- Follow up with communities and individuals affected by community trauma to continue to provide resources.