SPINK AREA SUPPORT NETWORK
[ download PDF format ]
Local Mental Health Resources
- Avera Farm: Farmers, ranchers and people who live in rural communities
- You can call 1-800-691-4336, 24 hours a day.
- The call is free and confidential. The hotline is staffed by trained assessment counselors who put callers in touch with local mental health resources.
- Now offering FREE counseling services for farmers and their families-at no cost. With the current state of the industry, we understand that farm families can feel overwhelmed in times of stress, instability, and uncertainty. We’re here to help. Call (605) 225-1010 for more information.
- 3 Wise Women Counseling: (605) 450-6031, Redfield
- Community Mental Health Centers in South Dakota
- Individuals who meet programmatic and financial eligibility guidelines or who have considerable personal circumstances, may qualify for state funded services.
- Northeastern Mental Health Center: Jo McCool, MS, LPC, QMHP, Northeast Mental Health, Aberdeen, (605) 229-1000
- Community Counseling Services (Hand, Beadle, Kingsberry) Huron: (605) 352-8596
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
- Helpline Center South Dakota
- South Dakota’s leader in suicide prevention and response. If you or someone you know is having suicidal thoughts please call 1-800-273-8255 anytime, day or night. All South Dakotans have access to the crisis line all day, every day. The service is free and confidential.
- Call 211 or Text your zip code to 898211
- You are not alone. Every day people turn to 211 for information and support – whether financial, family, health, or disaster-related. The call or text is free and confidential.
- Students from high schools across South Dakota can text to talk with caring staff. Help is available 24/7.
- Text4Hope serves all high schools in South Dakota. Teens can text icare to 898211 to talk with a caring staff from the Helpline Center. Help is available 24/7.
- Veteran Services
- Veterans Crisis Line
- Veterans & Substance Abuse